Advanced Technologies Academy - Magnet Open House
A-TECH will host an Open House for prospective students and parents on Tuesday, December 10, 2019. The program will begin promptly at 5:30 pm, with a welcome and overview of magnet application, qualification, and lottery process. The program for the remainder of the evening includes a presentation for each of our programs: Architectural Design, Business Management, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Engineering, Graphic Design, and IT Networking. As parents arrive they will be greeted and given a schedule of each program presentation time so that they may attend the presentation of their interest. Parents and prospective students will be able to walk through the building, speak with our student ambassadors, see our extracurricular/club offerings, and visit classrooms during the time you are not in a presentation. The Magnet Coordinator/Recruiter will be in attendance, along with all program area teachers, school counselors, and student ambassadors to address prospective student and parent questions and concerns.
The mission of Advanced Technologies Academy is to empower a diverse student body to succeed in a competitive world by promoting academic concepts, technological skills, and ethical behavior.
12:00 am Thanksgiving Break – No School
Thanksgiving Break – No School
Nov 25 @ 12:00 am – Nov 29 @ 12:00 pm
Thanksgiving Break – No School Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated on various dates in Canada, the United States, some of the Caribbean islands, and Liberia. It began as a day of giving thanks[...]
6:00 pm Advanced Placement Curriculum In...
Advanced Placement Curriculum In...
Dec 4 @ 6:00 pm – Dec 5 @ 12:00 am
Advanced Placement Curriculum Information Night Freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and parents, please join us to… 1. Understand the benefits of taking Advanced Placement (AP) courses 2. Receive accurate information about the AP Program at A-TECH 3.[...]
5:30 pm Magnet Open House
Magnet Open House
Dec 10 @ 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Advanced Technologies Academy – Magnet Open House A-TECH will host an Open House for prospective students and parents on Tuesday, December 10, 2019. The program will begin promptly at 5:30 pm, with a welcome and[...]
all-day Semester Exams – Full Day – Fina...
Semester Exams – Full Day – Fina...
Dec 17 all-day
Tuesday, December 17 (Full Day – Final Exams) Period 1 7:25-9:05 Semester Exam Period 3 9:20-11:05 Semester Exam 1st Lunch 11:00-11:30 Lunch based on 5th period Period 5 11:35-12:40 Review Period Period 5 11:05-12:10 Review[...]
- ACE Mentoring Students, All field trip paperwork for our visit to Nevada Ready Mix is due by Friday, November 22. If you have not picked up your forms see Mr. Knoeppel in room 414.
- Buenos Dias Mavericks!!! HSU will be selling Conchas and Abuelita Hot Chocolate all week before school from 7:00 to 7:25. Conchas and Hot Chocolate are $2 for both. Get yours soon before they run out. Haz tu Deciembre memorable con Chocolate y Conchas from HSU.
- Seniors – The deadline to apply for the Nevada Seal of Biliteracy is December 20. This is an award for Seniors who can demonstrate literacy proficiency in one or more languages in addition to English. This award is available for almost ANY language, not just Spanish or Chinese. If you have already earned a 3 […]
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm Freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and parents, please join us to… 1. Understand the benefits of taking Advanced Placement (AP) courses 2. Receive accurate information about the AP Program at A-TECH 3. Get a head start on your 2020-2021 class schedule 4. Clarify misconceptions about Advanced Placement 5. […]
- Students can complete applications with the following colleges: UNIVERSITY CENTERS: University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) STATE COLLEGE: Nevada State College (NSC) COMMUNITY COLLEGES: College of Southern Nevada (CSN) Great Basin College (GBC) Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC) Western Nevada College (WNC) OUT-OF-STATE 4-YEAR INSTITUTIONS: Dixie State University (DSU) Southern […]